Access to employment advice

The Village Citizens Advice Bureau (part of Salford Citizens Advice Bureau) is frequently contacted by people who are having problems at work and need specialist support. From our experience it appears that people are not always able to obtain the help they want or the outcomes they desire.

Most of our work is focused on advising people with their individual problem so we cannot be certain just how representative the problems we deal with are. We have therefore constructed a survey to find out what kinds of problems people have and how their ability to obtain specialist advice effects their situation.

We are particularly interested in employment problems that people have dealt with since December 2003 which is when protection from discrimination based on sexuality came into force.

If you are interested in helping us to investigate how people cope with employment problems please complete the survey form below, or if you know of anyone else who may be interested please direct them to this page so that they may participate in the research.

Please note that the survey is anonymous and we do not collect any personally identifying information.

The survey questions relate to an employment problem that you have had to deal with. If you need any assistance with a current employment problem please follow the advice link on the left.

Link to survey.